Please follow these simple tips in order to keep your candle burning as cleanly as possible, for as long as possible.
• Always keep wick trimmed to approximately 1cm.
• Trim the "mushroom" off of the wick prior to each burn in order to reduce excess smoke while burning and after extinguishing.
• During the first burn, allow the wax to pool to the edges of the vessel. This should take between 3-4 hours. This step is very important to maximise the life of your candle.
• Allow the wax to melt to the edge of the vessel during every burn to ensure your candle does not "tunnel".
• Never relight your candle until the wax has fully set from the previous burn.
• Keep your burning candle on a heat resistant surface and away from drafts, children and pets.
• Never move a burning candle.
Once your candle has reached the end of its life, simply wash the vessel with hot, soapy water and it'll be ready for its new life as a pen / pencil holder; a vase, or storage for shells; beads, and any other odds and ends.
A note about soy wax:
Due to the chemical structure of soy wax, small variances are likely to occur from candle to candle before; during, and after burning. This is completely normal and in no way is a reflection of the candle quality, but rather a subtle reminder of its artisanal and hand crafted creation.